Providing fellowship opportunities for area men is an important part of our mission. In fact, the concept of the Legacy Guild scholars program germinated during these fellowship meetings in 2012.
The Legacy Guild hosts informal fellowship gatherings 8-10 times per year in homes, backyards and sometimes a local pub. All men from the community are invited to join us to discuss how to be a better community member, friend, father, husband or son – or simply listen and socialize. It’s a great opportunity to meet new people. You participate at the level you’re comfortable with. The group includes men of various ages, faiths, and viewpoints.
- Thursday, April 21, 2022 @ 7:30 pm – Kenny’s Irish Pub (917 W 55th Street, Countryside) – Stop by and say hi and learn what’s behind-the-scenes for the Spring Fundraiser on April 30
- Wednesday, May 25 @ 7:30 pm – social gathering at TBD
- Pet Parade – Saturday June 4, 2022 – La Grange
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022 @ 7:30 pm – Burr Ridge (Topic: The Attributes of Failure)
- August TBD
The fellowship group is co-chaired by Bob Bock (Founders Board), Brian Davis (Founders Board), and Tom Zagara. The fellowship co-chairs report to The Legacy Guild’s Executive Board which also oversees the day-to-day operations of the scholars program.
Our monthly meetings last about 90 minutes but have been known to go longer (that’s the socializing part!). A typical fellowship ‘agenda’ (we are an informal group) may include the following:
- Introductions/Opening reflection
- Recent “high/low” for each person (share however you’d like)
- Topic of the evening, introduced by a participant or sometimes an outside speaker, or we may read an article or watch a video and discuss what we’ve just read or seen
- Facilitated discussion
- Socializing (beverages typically provided by the host)
- Closing reflection
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to learn more about upcoming fellowship events.