The Legacy Guild awards scholarships to applicants that meet the criteria listed below. The number of awards and amount rewarded is determined by The Foundation of the Legacy Guild and are not automatically renewable.
The criteria to be considered for a scholarship include:
– Be a graduating high school senior residing in District 204 accepted into undergraduate college or trade school or a currently enrolled undergraduate college student that resided in District 204 while in high school.
– Attest to financial need
– Demonstrate community service/volunteerism
– Have experienced the loss of a parent
The application period for the 2019-2020 academic year is now open. The deadline is April 15, 2019.
Here is the process:
For new applicants:
- 1) Complete online application
- 2) Please attach one pdf with the following and be sure your name is on the file.
– List community, school, work and volunteer activities
– Summarize need for financial assistance
Legacy Guild Scholars
Awards are determined by an committee independent of The Legacy Guild Board and based on both merit and need.
The Legacy Guild Scholars are announced in May. Graduating high school seniors will find out on Awards Day. Checks are distributed at the Legacy Luncheon in June.
Legacy Guild Scholars may elect to participate in our Mentoring Program and receive assistance with educational and career guidance, finding an internship, professional networking and introductions to help them succeed beyond college.
If you have any questions about the application process, please send an email to Application@TheLegacyGuild.com.