Our goal is to honor the legacy of those parents who have died in our community and offer support to their children. The Legacy Guild awards scholarships to applicants that meet the criteria listed below. The number of awards and amount rewarded is determined by The Foundation of the Legacy Guild and are not automatically renewable.
The criteria to be considered for a Legacy Guild scholarship include:
– Be a graduating high school senior residing in District 204 and accepted into undergraduate college or trade school or a currently enrolled undergraduate college student that resided in District 204 while in high school.
– Submit online application and necessary essays and/or college transcript.
– Maintain a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average as an undergraduate full-time college student
The application period for the 2021-2022 academic year is now open.
For new applicants:
- Complete the online application
- Submit a brief essay on the impact your deceased parent had on your life and your plans to honor your parent’s legacy. Please describe how this scholarship will assist you in achieving these plans/goals.
- Provide information on college/ trade school you plan to attend in the fall (if known), your intended major and why you chose that school / major and any other pertinent information that can enable us to assist you in mentorship. If undecided as to college or major, please indicate areas of interest.
- Describe your financial need
- Provide a list of your extra-curricular activities including sports, community involvement and part-time jobs.
For returning applicants:
1) Complete the online application
2) Submit a copy of your latest college transcript showing a minimum of 2.0 grade point average as a full-time student.
Awards are determined by an committee independent of The Legacy Guild Board and based on both merit and need.
The Legacy Guild Scholars are announced in May. Graduating high school seniors will find out on Awards Day. Checks are distributed at the Legacy Luncheon in June.
Legacy Guild Scholars may elect to participate in our Mentoring Program and receive assistance with educational and career guidance, finding an internship, professional networking and introductions to help them succeed beyond college.
If you have any questions about the application process, please send an email to Application@TheLegacyGuild.com.